Thursday 1 January 2009

Happy New Year!

New Year's eve morning, after helping Nick and Maureen and having a cup of tea at their place it was off to one of Diana's favorites,
yes you guessed it, McDonald's this one was in the Royal Garden shopping mall,
whilst there we went around some of the shops,
and to Ripley's, the scorpion Queen was there, she is trying to beat a world record of staying with 5,000 scorpions for 33 days and nights, she is married to the centipede king but he was not there today,
looking out directly from the mall,
we then popped over to see Juu, we had a few games of pool, I lost all 10 games, but the excuse was the huge quantity of Heineken that I consumed, I do not normally drink beer, the fish in the photograph is in the fish pond at Juu's house, it is a Arapaima gigas, it is now about 65 or so kilos, it will be 3 years old next June, when I gave it to Juu it was only 8" long and weighed just a few ounces,
then home for a shower and change, then out on the town! we went to Dang's bar on the corner of Walking Street and Soi Diamond, Diana and Da,
and Jeff and myself,
the street is looking really crowded now,
just opposite is a new disco called the Republica, not my scene bit some one has spent a lot of money on the outside,
myself and Mick,
and his wife Mas,
Mr. Tony then arrived,
and all of a sudden I was target number 1, Jeff had bought a load of cans of string and snow,
but some one got him back!
then target number 2 was Mr. Tony,
Mick was not left out either!
good job Mr. Tony did not go to sleep or he would have been really picked on!
Mark was also there,
Diana was not sure whether to smile or not as I think she was worried that the snow would leave a stain,
"Cheers!" from all of us,
Da, Mas, Diana and Uncashar,
at this point drinks were flowing freely and Mick decided to give us a dance show,
"Cheers!" from me,
Uncashsar and Mark,
then John Boy arrived, so it was snow all round,
David a friend of Jeff's also called in,
Da gets snowed!
the snow has settled,
Jay and Pricil were next to join us, Diana, Da and Pricil,
John Boy after the snow had dried,
Diana, Mas, Da, Pricil and Jay,
Mas, John Boy and Uncashar,
I know I still have some spray string on my head!
Jay and Pricil,
all in the street to watch the fireworks as it is midnight,
"Happy New Year!" from all of us,
then a bite to eat and home for a rest,
home was easier said than done this is Second Road,
it was packed with party goers, the traffic at a standstill, but we made it back safe and sound, sweet dreams!

No comments: