Sunday 26 April 2009

After Our Meal At The Pagoda Restaurant,

it was back to 388 for a nightcap,
and put on a HD DVD of Sir David Attenborough's Planet Earth,
sorry about the black bits on the shots, I just pointed the camera and clicked the button, blame it on the vodka soda's!
for both of us the film was so good, although I have had the set for some time I still have not seen all of the episodes,
I did start to play it with no sound just a bit of background visually, but some of the images were so stunning we ended up with Sir David's laid back commentary,
water rushing over the Victoria falls (if one of my previous posts comes to be true, soon to be a landmark in Alberta!)
another shot of the falls,
coffee and cream as two rivers meet in South America,
a Lake Malawi Melanochromis auratus, this is a female, the male is black,
our planet earth,
a flock of birds,
their numbers defy description,
the Pantanal in South America, it is located in the upper Paraguay River basin, the Pantanal straddles Brazil’s border with Bolivia and Paraguay, about 80 percent of the Pantanal is in Brazil, it covers an area of 68,000 square miles,
the photography is first class, one thing I will say about the BBC, over the years they get it wrong so often and on so many fronts, but when they get it right as in this series it is 100% viewing pleasure,
if you want to buy the series make sure it is the 5 disc set, some countries sell their citizens short by selling a 4 disc set, I bought the now defunct Toshiba HD high definition system, so for me the full 5 disc set was about £18.00, I guess it will be a little more for normal DVD's or Blu-Ray, but for me it was worth every penny.

No comments: