Monday 20 April 2009

Wet, Wet, Wet!

and I am not talking about the pop group!
well we started out dry as we left 388,
but by the time we parked the bike we were soaked,
both of us! Second Road was completely awash,
and full of pickup trucks with water barrels in the back,
no dry streets here,
then we made our way down to Walking Street,
which was a wet as Second Road, but with no cars or trucks, notice the guys water pack in the picture, some people are really serious water gamers!
I have to say that everyone we meet was so friendly, just a dab of talc on the face,
we walked to the entrance of Walking Street and just past it for a couple of hundred meters,
these 3 police officers were also in party mode, although difficult to see they were soaking wet and covered in talc, as I said before everyone was in party mode and happy, I did not see one problem all day and night, these were the only police there with a crowd of thousands,
we finally made our way back to the Lucky Gold Star Bar, which we always call Dang's as that is the owners name, it is on the corner of Walking Street and Soi Diamond, a great place for people watching,
by this time still soaking wet but with more powder,
for both of us,
looking towards Walking Street,
John Boy called in to say Hi!
and we meet this guy who I think was from Holland, with the loud music and slight accent I could not make out what he was saying, but he and his wife seemed to be having a great time,
"Cheers!" from me, powder and all!
a lady whose name escapes me joined us, she used to work as a cashier for many years in Dang's bar,
just in case a car or truck parked in Walking Street the tow truck was ready for business,
then Anchisa, far right and some of her friends called in for a New Years drink,
at some time a flower lady called round as Diana by now has got some of those really nice smelling flowers,
all to soon it was time to go home and have a bite to eat,
two chicken soups to take home please,
whilst waiting a quick shot of Third Road, the water fight continues!
we also decided on some of this roast pork for a change,
it is cooked, chopped and bagged,
all in all a really enjoyable day out, I just wish that it was not a week long, for me two days are fine, but now the down side of the water festival, Diana was sprayed with some water (well we both were) but in this case there was something in it, as later that night her legs came up in this really nasty rash, luckily this morning it seems to have cleared up, but it was a very uncomfortable night for her, today all is peace and quite at 388, Riza has just called round to pick up Diana to go to the immigration office for a 30 day extension visa, I am guessing it will be pretty busy as with the troubles and weekends it has not been open for 9 days, oh well I suppose I will have to make my own coffee today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photos Stan. Pity I missed it all. I'm back in Sydney at the moment. See you when I get back in June. Alf.