Tuesday 19 May 2009

I Have Finaly Had It With True Vision (UBC)

time for a moan! so scroll down and spare yourself! last night we settled in to watch The Tudors as usual as it is always on a Monday, yet again it has disappeared, this on top of Truevision canceling BBC Entertainment, which was the channel Diana and myself watched the most, plus just receiving a 24,800 baht, (£496.00) bill for the service, (and I think I took the extra package which was another 4,000 baht, £80.00) has tipped the balance in favour of canceling True Vision and going for a local cable company Sophon, 63 channels, although some are in Thai, 4,500 baht (£96.00) a year, free installation, so this is their office just off Third Road before the traffic lights on Pattaya Klang, it is down a slip road with a car park to the side, I guess the satellite dishes on top of the building are a bit of a give away, certainly easy to do, just left my name and address and the engineers will call round on Wednesday, pay when they have finished the installation, not sure about that, it seems to efficient! unlike Truevision, when I tried to cancel their service, I called the Bangkok main office inquiring if I could cancel and how, easy, fill in a cancellation form, "can you send me one?" "we do not have any!" it appears I will have to go to a local Truevision office in off the chance they will have one for me to fill in, this does not look good, we are now on our way to the fresh fruit stalls, we wanted some fruit for desert tonight after my home made beef stew, this is approaching Pattaya Tai on Third, no wonder there are so many problems with phone and electrical supply out here, look at those cables! I am now starting to call this area "Tony Town" my ingredients for a beef stew, totally false economy really, for the price of just the meat and potatoes we could have gone to a lower price restaurant and bought two beef stews and not had to wash the dishes, but it seemed like a good idea at the time! this is the same place but looking towards where we are going to turn right into Pattaya Tai, this will take us past Friendship on the left, then on to the fruit stalls,
and here they are, all types of fresh fruit as far as the camera can see,
for prices in UK pounds just double the Thai price, 15 baht = 30 pence, 80 baht = £1.60,
lady in the shop waiting for a customer to finish choosing what she wants,
Rambutan (Ngor) I have just found this site for Thai Fruits,
Custard Apple or Sugar Apple (Noi Nah)
and next to the fruit stalls, take away soup stalls, it may look nice in the picture, but one of theses certainly smelled a bit, well, caustic,
I think a lot of theses are an acquired taste,
on our way home, the temple complex just past the fruit stalls, the main entrance,
looking at the clouds in the distance we did not leave a moment to soon, as for The Tudors, a 6 set DVD is already on it's way to Phil's house in the UK, he will bring them over on his next visit, only £15.00 (750 baht) for all 6, and they are originals, not copies! so we will have series 1 & 2 complete, many thanks to Mark for ordering them for us, so job for Tuesday, off to see Truevision, in the quest for the cancellation form, wish me luck!

No comments: