Tuesday 26 May 2009

I Want One, I Want One!

that is Sony's new OLED television,

now available for well healed MP's for £3,489 Bravia XEL, the Organic Light- Emitting Diode TVs have a contrast rating of 1,000,000 to 1, about ten times sharper than most LCD screens, and the screen is just 3mm thick, I think I will wait until they get a bigger screen, then it is the "must have" of the year, Panasonic is expected to launch a 40in OLED television next year, the OLED TV uses display technology based on organic materials which emit light naturally, once an electric charge is passed through them, rather than being back-lit as in LCD and Plasma screens, there is a slight downside, the screens have a limited lifespan, an OLED set will last 30,000 hours, about ten years for someone using the TV eight hours a day,

but here is the rub, the price in the US is not £3,489, if you shop at B & H it is $2,499.00, price in British Pounds, £1,570.62 from their web site, another example of a UK rip off, of course you will need a cheap transformer for the US one as the US is 110 volt, where as we in all of Europe, it is 220 volt, I guess the market size would be similar, but it seems a fact of life that prices are always hiked up in the UK, I wonder if I can take a 46" OLED on a plane as hand luggage?

No comments: