Friday 26 June 2009

I Love Fast Cars, Boats, Trains And Planes,

well this car is about to hit the streets, announced in April but ready for orders now the Bertone Mantide — part Corvette ZR1, part Italian model, was Designed by Jason Castriota, it features the by now legendary 638-horsepower supercharged LS9 2009 ZR1 engine and chassis they were able to shave off 220 lbs from the already lightweight ZR1 allowing it to rocket to 62mph in 3.2 seconds and give it a top speed of 217mph, but here is the rub, it has a price of £1,200,000, now for me it is not so attractive, in fact given the choice I would go for the Bugatti Veyron, below,

and guess what? I would still have just under £500,000 change in my pocket! but wait, what am I talking about, if I had that amount of money to spend on a car I would have both!

3 comments:

Jil Wrinkle said...

I'd go for the new American-made SSC Ultimate Aero: Faster than the Bugatti, and only half the price.

http://www.shelbysupercars.com/ultimate-aero.php

Jil Wrinkle said...

Here is Jay Leno's take on the SSC Ultimate Aero:

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/video_player.shtml?vid=275184

PattayaStan said...

Dear Jil, thanks for the links to the SSC Ultimate Aero, not that I could afford either, for me I still like the luxury of the Veyron, I guess it will only be a matter of time before we see the first 300 m.p.h. road car, now who will build it first? 'Now that's the right question detective' (I, Robot) best regards, Stan and Diana.