Wednesday 17 June 2009

Tuesday So It Is Off To Soi Bukaow,

as well as just going for a look,
I also wanted to buy Diana's birthday presents early, so I was on a secret mission,
lots of stalls to look at, but whilst buying the presents for Diana I had to keep a look out for her,
the market tropical fish shop, not a bit like mine,
but back to the presents, my boy scout field craft training was now working overtime, to hide my steps a quick walk past the food and veg stalls,
the market yet again was very quite, with plenty of room to move around,
how to buy fresh cold fruit,
mission accomplished! I had bought all the things I wanted and had taken them to the gift wrapping shop, plus I had also brought a couple of things that I had in the safe for Diana to be wrapped, then a relaxing look around the plant section, these are small pitcher plants, insects fall in the pitchers that have water in them, the insect dies and the plant gets it's nutrients from the decaying insect,
this is a type of, I think succulent, the reason I took the picture is that I have never seen one of these with such a strong colour, the ones we have are pink or pink and white,
now that the rainy season is here there is a riot of colour as the plants flower,
and on to my favorites, orchids,
so many shapes,
and colours,
so I stopped and waited for Diana to return with the new shoes she was going to buy, but she came back with a dress instead, a whole market full of shoes and not one pair she liked!
we had coffee at the "new" cafe, still 30 baht a glass for ice coffee,
after picking up the presents it was home to get ready to go out with Mark and Anchisa for a seafood meal to Prechai at Ban Ampour, so shower and shave!

No comments: