Wednesday 8 July 2009

By The Time You Read This I Will Be Well On My Way To Blighty,

just popping back for a couple of weeks, but a lot of that time I will be travelling so no blogs till I get back, cue roars of laughter and cries of shame! but back to yesterday, Mr. Tony called in for a cup of tea and to wish me a safe trip, he had just returned from the UK, the Thai airways planes were quite full, but, Thai airways now only flies to the UK once a day not twice as before, tales of some things being still expensive £1.20 for a cup of tea, to the larger stores, particularly food stores being silly money cheap,
then Jay and Precil called in for a cuppa,
as Mr. Tony filed us in with details of his trip the girls had a game of cards, after they had left I wandered into this "got everything" store,
there are loads of them in town but away from the tourist areas,
I call them got everything stores because they have, if there is something you want and this type of store does not have it, give up! I wanted some string to put around my case for two reasons, it is easy to see which case is mine and I can tell if some one has opened it, I tie the nylon cord in such a way it can not be opened and retied,
then out for lunch at the Surf Beach Hotel, just past Soi 5 on Jomtien Beach Road,
view across the street from the restaurant,
although this is a long weekend the roads are really quite, looking towards Sattahip,
and towards Pattaya,
Diana, I'll have one of those, one of those and one of those please!
view through the lobby to the back of the restaurant,
not many customers,
they did have a couple of aquariums which I always find interesting, this one had some of the blue clawed freshwater prawns in it with a few fish,
it did the last time we were here house a red tailed catfish, but it had been moved to this aquarium at the back,
it is actually a native of South America, to give it it's proper name Phractocephalus hemioliopterus, well I was glad to see it was still alive,
our food arrives,
club sandwich and chips for Diana and a prawn cocktail for me, great tasting food with water for Diana and soda water for me 225 baht, no complaints about the price or quality, we were going to try another restaurant, but we could not park near it so that will be one for us to try in a couple of weeks time when I am back, so that is the bad news, no more blogging till I get back, but if I find myself near a computer whilst in the UK I will put on what I have been up to, if not see you in a couple of weeks, bye!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Safe journey back to dear old blighty, Stan .. Have a good one.

Joe said...

Stan, have not seen any updates to your blog since you have been back. Everything ok?

PattayaStan said...

Dear Anonymous, many thanks for your kind wishes, I have now returned late Monday and hope to do a post soon, it was a good one! best regards, Stan and Diana.

Dera Joe, I have had a few problems with the Internet conection (as usual!) and I have loads of pictures to post, so it will be another few days, but it will be a big one! best regards, Stan and Diana.