Tuesday 28 July 2009

I Took A Detour Along Walking Street On The Way Back From The Bank,

the new Simon beer bar complex is now fully up and running, I guess it is owned by the same group that own the other Simon complex further along the street, I would have thought that with the lack of tourist not all of these bars would have been taken but they all are, I remember in 1982 when I was first here a lot of these were still fisher mans houses, but even then they were all going to be pulled down, every one of the buildings on the sea side of Walking Street were deemed to be illegal, but all are still there to this day,
since I meet Diana I have not done any thing to my model railway, sad really I guess I am an anorak after all! but Diana decided to pitch in and weather some of the 9 bridges whilst I continued with plastering some of the scenery,
a now "rusty" looking bridge,
the one at the back is fitted in place, so it has to be painted "in situ"
a not very good close up of the central tower,
me with glue gun having a great time,
do not let anybody tell you low temperature glue guns are not hot, they are!
later Steve and Lara called round,
and along with Mike and Riza we went to the Gossip Cafe,

we had a very filling meal, after it was back to 388, we watched a episode of Cops that I bought in the US, then after Mike and Riza left we watched some of the middle trilogy To Play The King, great political drama, and I hate political drama's, then off to bed and up early for market day on Tuesday.

No comments: