Saturday 25 July 2009

Sainsbury's Takes Political Correctness To A New Level!

father-of-three Mark Giles, 42, popped to Sainsbury's to buy food for dinner and took son 17 year old Ian to help carry the bags, as red wine was on special offer the RAF squadron leader decided to buy some, he was refused, the reason? he had his 17 year old son with him, even though Mr Giles explained that the alcohol was not for his son, the cashier refused to sell the alcohol to either of them, furious, he demanded to see the manager, who said it was Sainsbury's policy not to serve alcohol to anyone accompanied by a child, He said: 'I couldn't believe it, I was fuming, I tried to explain that I was just shopping with my son and the wine was for my wife and me, but they wouldn't listen," how totally pathetic of Sainsbury's staff not to apply a little common sense, you would have thought by now Sainsbury's would have put their staff through a course labeled "How not to make our store look stupid!" of course it could be that the managers that hire staff have been on the other course "How to hire muppets" as Mr Giles said, 'Does this mean they won't serve alcohol to a mum who is shopping with a toddler? Sainsbury's is basically saying it is no longer a family-friendly supermarket," I have to agree vote with your feet!

No comments: