Saturday 4 July 2009

What Ever You Do, Do Not Go Near The Lamp Pots In Ferndown, Dorset,

they are so fragile a piece of plastic bunting will bring them down! this picture taken last year shows the killer bunting that council chief Rod Mainstone, Dorset County Council’s street lighting manager, has banned, he has said it will bring the lights down, ‘street lighting columns are not generally designed to be strong enough to support any additional attachments' strange, I am sure the council over the years have put parking signs etc, on them, Cllr Peter Oggelsby, from Ferndown Town Council, said: ‘It makes me so cross. It’s health and safety gone mad, You would think the highways department would make sure on a main thoroughfare they would have lampposts of adequate strength' well I would have thought so, but I guess that council had to save money and buy cheaper lamp posts, carnival committee member Gail Hunter-Warburton told the Daily Echo newspaper: ‘It’s ridiculous, I was brought up in Ferndown and there’s always been bunting for the carnival - I’m speechless, it’s a bit of string and a bit of plastic, I really can’t see the issue with it.’ in any event another health and safety piece of madness!

No comments: