Thursday 27 August 2009

I Am A Bit Short Of Time This Morning So It Is Straight On To The Blog,

as you can see it was railway time,
so skip this bit if you are not into toy trains! just soldering electrical feed to the tracks,
times like this three hands are a help,
and asbestos fingers,
the finished solder, not a great job, but it seems to work, the clips that come with the system are huge and more than a little difficult to hide,
I have cut away some of the base to put the wires in,
all wired up and ready to go,
the wires will go under the base board to the transformer,
also I have stuck down the underlay for the sidings, then downstairs for a cup of tea and to watch a couple of DVD's,
but first I needed a couple of connection strips for the next time I work on the trains, so off to the local hardware store,
I also had a sample of the wire I wanted, the guy said did I know the MP petrol station on Theprisit? he said just before the petrol station there is a wire shop, so off I went and found it, but a shop full of wire but none as fine as I wanted, but then this guy took me into the street and pointed at this shop, they sell speakers and sound systems, so in I went,
and guess what there they are 2 X100 foot rolls of wire, 75 baht each, but buying the 2 of them and the price went down to 70 baht! so all I have to do now is find some PVA glue and it will be full steam ahead! so now back home feet up and watch the DVD's
no prises for guessing what this DVD is about, for me great viewing,
another one of The Ultimate Crimes series that Diana enjoys so much, this is number 13, In The Line Of Duty, from Sacco and Vanzetti to Katherine Ann Powers, murder most foul, but in the case of Sacco and Vanzetti perhaps the murder was performed by the government?
then out on the town, bier Kitchen first, I was going to try another restaurant but Diana wanted to go here for the mushroom steak,
so I had the steak and onions, just for a change! and speaking of change I did not have any, the zip on my pocket was open, I assumed the money had fallen out when I was on the back of the motorbike taxi, the owner of the restaurant said it is not a problem, as we eat there every week we could pay next week, which was nice of them to trust us, but the problem was it still left us with no money for the taxi home, so I borrowed 40 baht from the owner went home and returned to the restaurant, I had not lost the money, just forgotten to pick it up! short term memory shot to pieces!
as Tom is not in town we decided for a change of pace to go to Dang's bar, it is called The New Gold Star Bar on the corner of Soi Diamond and Walking Street, first to call by was Wayne,
then Keith who works for ESC security and his son Paul, resident of Hong Kong called in to say Hi!, Paul is only here for a couple of days so he will not be able to make the usual Saturday get together, but hopefully Keith will,
then Mark called by,
and of course us,
then in another change of pace we all went upstairs to the Shark Club, just as we were leaving Jay and Precil arrived, it was a bit of a crowd, but we did not have any trouble finding seats as there were only 2 other customers in there,
the upstairs entrance to the Shark bar, the downstairs one is in the corner on the left hand side, then it was over to Champions we had more than a few drinks there, then Juu very kindly gave us a lift home, so feet up and a cup of tea, and then off to bed.

4 comments:

Jil Wrinkle said...

Hi Stan,

I see that you are indeed wiring all of your rails in the roundhouse for power... but you should make sure to have each of these have their own on/off switch to the power, so that the trains won't be powered up and running when they aren't needed. Additionally, capping the end of each rail where it meets the turntable with a bit of plastic spacer will make sure that you won't have to leave the turntable in a neutral position when you are running other tracks. You should also do the same with your sidings, so that parked trains will remain parked there as well.

PattayaStan said...

Dear Jil, many thanks, but I have a DCC system to install, basically each engine has it's own chip, so I can send a command to one engine to stop, I can then ON THE SAME TRACK command another engine to move forward and another one backwards, each engine only being able to receive it's own command, but you have to be pretty quick to avoid a crash! I have a Gaugemaster Prodigy Advance2, this is their website,

http://www.gaugemaster.com/gmdigital.html

We went fishing yesterday, but hope to spend a few hours upstairs today, best regards, Stan and Diana.

Jil Wrinkle said...

Wow. That's quite a bit more complicated than my own Lionel train set, where all the trains (and all the tracks) received the same current at the same time! It's fun to see how technology advances even find there way to something as mundane as model trains.

PattayaStan said...

Dear Jil, it is amazing how hobbies have become so high tech, I remember only a few years ago when remote control helicopters were huge amounts of money, now in the market for less than $15! best regards, Stan and Diana.