Saturday 1 August 2009

THAT Photo Shoot In The News Again,

after as Sky News put it, "the infamous Air Force One flyover that sparked panic among thousands of people in New York in April" unseen photographs have been released, the flypast in April was an official White House photo shoot, but local officials in New York, including Mayor Michael Bloomberg, were not informed, the 146 pictures were released under the freedom of information act and can be viewed here, Louis Caldera, the White House Military Office director who was behind the stunt, resigned, at least falling on his sword shows a rare side of government, taking responsibility for your actions and doing the honorable thing, something totally lacking in the UK government.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back posting, thanks for all the photos of the UK. I heard on the radio last week that 52 pubs a week are closing there.

Here's a boat link you might find interesting.


http://edition.cnn.com/2009/TECH/07/29/yacht.killer.whale/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

PattayaStan said...

Dear Dulcify, I heard similar stories pubs going for £10,000 or less, I saw the whale, I think from what I have read this happens more often than is reported, I would have thought that the whale would have heard the boat coming, but I guess not, best regards, Stan and Diana.

PattayaStan said...

Dear Dulcify, I got the wrong end of the stick, I thought you meant the article, where a ship struck a whale, must remember to look at the link first! best regards, Stan and Diana.

Anonymous said...

Futuristic boat looked more like a squid to me.
As to whales being hit by boats I think you are right. I live in Aus. and every year in the Sydney to Hobart yacht race there's a collision with a whale or Sun fish.

PattayaStan said...

Dear Dulcify, many thanks for the link I will post it this morning, what a strange looking boat to say the least! best regards, Stan and Diana.