Wednesday 30 September 2009

Off To Soi Bukaow Market,

Diana just does not have a thing to wear for this evening!
a general view along the stalls as you go into the market,
this is the place for garlic,
and almost before I could press the shutter again another transaction takes place,
freshly chopped what ever it is,
another mobile garlic stall,
not that I have been looking for them, but I have not seen marbles since I was a kid, but here they are used as decoration in aquariums,
and then on to the plant section,
these are hydrangeas, my grand mother used to have a huge bush of them in the front garden, but we kids could not play around it as grandpa put all of his old razor blades there, the iron in the blades was supposed to make the colour of the flowers change, but it appears it is more to do with the p.h. of the soil or of the lack or abundance of aluminum,
3 dresses purchased and a very happy stall owner,
although I have a pen in my glasses case some times I need a pen but I just can not find one quickly and when I do it does not work, the problem is I keep it anyway just in case it will work again, but not any more! here at the pen stall I bought 5 new pens,the ones on the right at the front of the picture 40 baht each, all I have to do now is find the bag they are in when we get home,
Diana is looking longingly at the dress stalls, not knowing I have bought her 3, she is at the same time buying me 2 pairs of shorts,
after we returned from the market Jay and Precil called round, for a cup of tea and a chat,
whilst upstairs Mark also called in,
tea was served,
ten it was glad rags time, this is one of Diana's new dresses,
we were off to meet Mick and Mass at Cherry's on Third Road, first a complementary starter, then the full to overflowing salad bar,
"Cheers!" from all of us,
Mick and Mass, as you can see Mick had certainly caught the sun on the island the day before,
Diana and myself, chicken stuffed with spinach for Diana, braised steak for me,
Mass had the lamb special,
followed by fresh fruit and ice cream,
Diana had tiramisu,
as did a wide awake Mick, 3 of us had the eat all you can eat menu, Mick finished his fish dish, it was so nice he ordered another one, all for 295 baht!
I had the banana split desert, and very nice it was to! the total bill for the 4 of us was a very reasonable 1,800 baht,
the day before whilst on the island Diana was reading a book about Jack The Ripper, The Simple Truth, Mick mentioned that he had not seen a film called
From Hell, which was about the murders so we watched it after the meal, but in the film the chief of police Sir Charles Warren had a very unfavorable review, to see how accomplished he was look here, Mick and Mass then left for home whilst we watched a little more of I, Claudius, then off to bed.

No comments: