Tuesday 8 September 2009

On Monday Evening We Treated Ourselves To A Meal Out,

but first the trains! having tried the Jinty around the track it was apparent I had made two of the curves to sharp, so it was up track and underlay, move a hill or two and relay the track, hopefully all will be well on the next try out, then the first part of stage two, above is the power take off for the outer two tracks, these will have a higher voltage than the inner tracks, so instead of soldering the wires to the track I am using factory made power rails, the problem being they only come in straight lengths and I wanted curved ones to put in the tunnel section so they will not be seen, so I cut through the underside of the tracks to curve them, meanwhile, now I know that it all works I am putting the electrical supply under the plaster,
cut a hole in the plaster cloth, pull out any paper and drill through the base board,
take one straighten clothes hanger and pull the wires through,
a bit of plaster cloth over the hole and it is as good as new!
enough of trains already! Diana has always said she likes lobsters, well Mr. Tony on Saturday mentioned that Cherry's opposite X-Cite (above) on Third Road, has a set menu on Mondays featuring a lobster as the main course, so off we went,
easy to find just look for the disco and it is on the other side of the road,
nice and clean with a impressive salad bar, first we had a complementary spring roll,
then up to the salad bar, in no time the starters arrived, but not a great problem, we just had to eat quicker!
the set menu had two large prawns and rock lobsters, both Diana and Mr. Tony had the set menu,
for me I do not like cheese that was served on the lobster so I had a salmon terrine,
Mr. Tony enjoying his starter,
after a break and a complementary lemon sorbet, the main course arrived, a 500 gram King lobster thermidor,
"Cheers!" from all of us,
for me I settled for a steak, it was one of the nicer ones I have had here in Thailand, I do not know why but steaks out here sometimes never seem to have the flavour of the steaks back in the UK, some one once told me it is because over here the meat is not left to hang, maybe that is it,
Diana's lobster with rice, Mr. Tony had his with vegetables,
included in the menu was the desert, banana split for Diana,
tiramisu for Mr. Tony,
whilst there another friend of ours Don popped over to say hello,
the Cherry's set menu, the food was excellent and resonably priced, we will be back!
then it was back home for another outrageous bit of Little Britain, followed of course by The Tudors, by now the new Archbishop of Canterbury annuls Henry's marriage, Henry wants his subjects to recognize the new Queen, but More and Fisher refuse, then of to sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stan, Excellent Blog as ever.

The 'Cherry's' set menu seems excellent value. I will have to try it out, next time I am in Pattaya.

Walking Street has a couple of snazzy seafood restuarants, as I am sure you are aware. I think one is called 'Kings' and the other, maybe something like 'Lobster Pot'? (memory fails me at times! - must be my age!) ..

They are the type of restuarant where you can 'choose' the live seafood from the tank that you want for your meal, and can sit outside on a jutting platform into the sea.

Are these restuarants still going strong, Stan? There were a bit on the pricey side though, if I remember rightly.

PattayaStan said...

Dear Anonymous, many thanks for your comments, yes Cherry's is defiantly a place that we will be going back to, Kings and Lobster Pot are still there, also at least one more seafood restaurant has open up in the same area, but if we want to eat seafood for us it is off to Prechai at Ban Ampoure, talking to a few friends the restaurants in Walking Street are nowhere as crowded as a few years ago and prices do appear to have come down, but unlike go-go and beer bars I have not heard of any going under, so I guess that is a good sign, just an example of prices going down, at Prechai King lobster is 1,800 baht a kilo, in Soi Blues Factory at the seafood place there 1,200 baht a kilo, BUT as Mr. Tony said, how do you know if you get a true kilo? a good and valid point! best regards, Stan and Diana.