Tuesday 22 September 2009

Up With The Lark!

and off to immigration, there is a downside to being there early, 15 or so years ago there seemed to be more young guys staying here so if you were early you beat the queue, as most people slept in till late, but now with lots of old folk like me we all get up early, so when I arrived there was already 4 people in front of me, the good news was that there were two people at the desk and it only took a few seconds to process every person, so quicker than I can type this I was in and out, if you remember the last time I went to immigration this building to the right of it was just a shell, but I guess by the next time I go there it will be finished, it was then to the bank after that home for tea and medals, a little later Joe's wife Jeap called round followed by Mick and Mass, then Mark, after Mark left Phil popped round, then all to soon it was time for a boys night out, Mark, Mick, Phil and myself,
first stop the Buffalo bar on Third Road, 75 baht for a V & S nice music and lots to look at with a pool table at the far end, by now Phil and myself were feeling a bit hungry so down to Walking Street to the Bier Kitchen for two bowls of chicken curry,
then into a crowded Walking Street,
up Soi Diamond,
to The Windmill which is where we had arranged to meet Mick and Mark as they were not hungry, 55 baht for a V & S so again we had more than a few there!
next along Soi 14 past the restaurants and tables there,
and into, shock! horror! Baby Dolls, by the way Terry if you are reading this and I do not make it "Happy Birthday" this Sunday, from memory 45 baht for V & S so naturally we had to have a few there,
we also decided to call into see an old friend at Sweethearts, but Grieg was not working that night, so we just had a couple there then moved to our next port of call, Heaven Above, one of the owners came over to our table to say Hi, his name is Grieg and very kindly bought us all a shooter, then the other owner came in, Patrick who I have known for years, well as they say "let the party begin!" and it did!
after a few more rounds, I left the young bloods to party the night away and called in to see Juu at Champions, at 35 baht for draught Chang all night I wish I could drink beer, but I would need a new set of larger clothes to soon! Phil also called in then time for home,
I stopped on the way for 3 pieces of pizza, one each for Diana, Mick and Mass,
by now it was about 1.30,
and things were very quite, Juu very kindly gave me a lift home, then feet up and watch a bit of TV, tomorrow we have got to buy a couple of low energy bulbs as two have blown on the front wall and a bottle of wine for tomorrow evening, now off to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stan, Great Blog as ever - keep up the good work.

Interesting to see Buffalo Bar on third road. I have spent a few good nights here - a good atmosphere for third road. The owner has done well to maintain a busy bar for quite some time now, and not on a main street like walking street.

Another busy bar is Wonderful Bar (and Wonderful Bar 2) on second road. Always busy, with live music etc. Do you ever go there?

PattayaStan said...

Dear Anonymous, I have been to the bar on the corner of Second and Post Office which I think is the Wonderful bar, nice place but I tend to avoid bars with live bands as it sometimes can get way to loud (and sometimes more than a little off key!) but back to the Buffalo, I must admit I have never been there when it is quite, so as you say the owner(s) have got it right, best regards, Stan and Diana.

Anonymous said...

It's true what you say about the live music, Stan. I remember being in Wonderful bar, and the band were 'singing' (and I use that term loosely!) Led Zepplin's 'Stairway to Heaven'. It was the strangest version of this classic song that I have ever heard!!

The owner of Wonderful bar was a popular local guy who used to ride a chopper.