Sunday 31 January 2010

First Thing And We Were Shopping At Friendship For Saturday,

this is one of the reasons I do not want a new bike,
all of the new bikes I have seen whilst they may have an under seat luggage compartment, they tend to be for us not big enough,
they do not have the 'hooks' to hang shopping bags on like ours,
boring bit, on to the railways, I started to ballast the tracks, putting in the small stones that the sleepers or tires are set in, the few books or articles I have read on the subject all say how time consuming it is if you want the track to look effective, how right they were! it took ages just to make this short length look nice, I am not looking forward to doing the rest,
so I took a break, for so long the 'mountains' have looked like a snow scene so I started on a undercoat of green,
painting around the rocks that Diana had been colouring,
and around the culverts,
but there is still a lot to do,
after finishing this bit I ran out of paint, so off to the arts and crafts department in Friendship tomorrow to buy some more,
when that is all done it will be time to get on with the ballasting and cover the green with some grass and low cover, but I am getting ahead of myself, I have a nasty feeling the ballasting is going to take forever,
for today Diana decided to make a cottage pie,
whilst it was cooking she showed me the new dress she had bought at the night market the day before,
well this was a first, I guess due to ill health or prior commitments not a single friend called by, the good news is that I had the vodka all to myself, the bad news is that I will be having cottage pie for the rest of the week! whilst I remember it we will not be here for next Saturday, so cross that one off your diary, after eating it was settle back for some strawberries,
a choc ice each,
and Diana's favorite, some chocolates from Hotel Chocolate,
then feet up for a couple of DVD's, first Night at the Museum, it brings back a few childhood memories, as a kid I sometimes had a nightmare about the dinosaurs coming to life, in this movie one does! great fun,
then for me one of the better modern Dracula's played by Gary Oldham, very entertaining then off to bed.

No comments: