Friday 8 January 2010

A Ray Of Common Sense And Compassion At Last From A Binman,

only to be ruthlessly crushed by West Lancashire Borough Council, Albert Stewart appears to be a pleasant easy going guy, so in the 33 years that he has been on the same round he has tried to help out, taking the occasional extra bag of rubbish rather than have a householder finned £1,000, but after being spied upon by the council he has been moved to a new round some 8 miles away, he commented, 'I’m really annoyed and upset about this, I’ve been on the same round for 33 years – I’ve seen babies born, go to school, grow up and have babies themselves, they weren’t just people I took rubbish from – they were my friends too, I’ve had lots of people coming up to me saying they miss me,' Dylan Sharpe, campaign director of Big Brother Watch, said: ‘This case is a sad indictment of Britain,' how sad this story is, 33 years of doing the same job, in all weathers, I just hope the good folk of West Lancashire remember the treatment dished out to Albert when the council elections are due.

No comments: