Friday 16 April 2010

One Of The Many Things I Enjoyed In My Youth Was Motorcycling,

and tinkering about with them,

a great favorite at the time was the Royal Enfield Bullet, a 350c.c. machine, the UK company now failed, was set up in India where it is still producing bikes today, the Indian company’s sales surged by 20 per cent last year to about 52,000 bikes, it recently introduced two new models with a view to increasing exports to Britain, the US and Europe, but it's dominance in the Indian market is now under threat, the mighty Harley Davidson company is planning an onslaught into the Indian market, despite making a $219 million loss in the fourth quarter of 2009 it says that this year will be “challenging”, I wonder how the Harley's will fair on some of the roads in India, Nashwin D’Mello, 28, was one of a handful of bikers invited by Harley to test-drive its machines on a grand tour of India, the trip, from the southern jungles of Goa to the northern deserts of Rajasthan, took its toll, “After 500km nuts and bolts started to fall off,” he said,

I must admit looking at some of the Harley's out here and having holidayed and worked in India I would be a bit worried if I was on a Harley driving as we did through Meghalaya, Assam and Arunachal Pradesh in North East India, I have to say it for the roads out there give me a Royal Enfield every time, a bonus point, when you fall off they are easier to pick up as well!

No comments: