Thursday 1 April 2010

We Had A Bit Of A Lazy Day,

Diana was keeping her cyber farm up to date, meanwhile I watched City of Vice, a very enjoyable series looking at the terrible crime and living conditions of old London Town in the mid 1700's, it is just a pity the producers did not put subtitles on it,
then time to go to the market, Diana wanted some fresh asparagus to wrap in bacon,
mission successful!
after we ate our evening meal we watched Gallipoli, it was about the bond between Australian mates before and during the Gallipoli campaign in Turkey, moving stuff indeed,
then on a lighter note it was time to go out on the town,
the motorbike taxi driver who I was on must have watched some thing like Death Race 2,000 but for bikes, he had 3 speeds, fast, faster and fastest! all can remember is pedestrians scattering for their lives out of our path, I am sure he was on something! so I arrived some time before Diana, Walking Street was really quiet, it was of course just 8.00 but it is normally a bit busier than this, but another thing I should bear in mind is that more bars are now opening at 8.30 or even 9.00, so I guess people are going out later,
for a change we went to Living Dolls, I always get them mixed up, so this is the one opposite Soi Happy, a long walk to the bar, followed by a few in Sweethearts, it was Grieg's turn to take a holiday so we chatted with Johan, after that we made a move to see Juu in Champions, he has just put in a couple of new air conditioners so it was nice and cool in there, Juu very kindly gave us a lift home,
Diana said she was a bit hungry, so for once I put all of my cooking skills to use, having in the past 11 or so years in the house cooked twice, both times boiling an egg, both times forgetting about it and waking in the morning to a smoke filled house and a melted saucepan, it was with some trepidation that I lit the gas and fried Diana's egg to go on top of the beans and toast,
it was a stroke of luck that Diana toasted the toast and warmed in the micro wave the beans, or it could have still turned into a cooking disaster, so there you have it, I can cook!
so I snacked on some smoked salmon as Diana had her egg on beans on toast, we put on the pilot episode of Judge John Deed, (if anyone connected with making this series is reading this please make some more!), after that it was off to bed.

No comments: