Monday 17 May 2010

Diana Had So Much To Do On Saturday,

we decided to have breakfast on the beach to day,
and a very quiet beach it was too,
and where else but the Surf Kitchen on Jomtien Beach Road, just almost on the corner of Soi 6,
normally quite full but today we had the choice of so many tables, Diana had her favorite spaghetti bolognese, as part of my diet a prawn salad, complete with two ice coffees 299 baht,
on our way back we had to stop as the road was closed for a V.I.P. several police cars roared past, then some motorbikes,
the V.I.P.'s following then another six or so police cars and we were on our way, this happens often over here, if some one is important all of the roads are blocked, traffic stopped and the convoy speeds through,
in the afternoon we watched the first DVD A Year At Kew third series, the first two were excellent and this one was just as enjoyable,
keeping my diet up tuna salad for the evening meal, of course a medicinal red wine as well,
and prawn stir fry for Diana,
we then watched a remarkably young Michael Palin in Michael Palin's Great Railway Journeys, one set in 1980 and one in 1994, now you know why I said 'young' the first journey was over 30 years ago! but for people like me that like steam trains the time just flew past,
after that we had a classic Sherlock Holmes, The Hound of the Baskervilles, when latest heir to the Baskerville estate seems to be threatened by a family curse, only the master detective, Sherlock Holmes, can find out the truth, then from The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes, The Disappearance of Lady Frances Carfax, a headstrong but titled suffragette slips into the power of a murderous con artist and pays the price, then off to bed,
just a small point the anonymous who corrects my spelling and grammar is doing a terrific job, but unfortunately lacks the time to make their own blog (to busy reading ours!), I would publish the comments left if only they did not descend to name calling, I know I am follicly (check the spelling on that), challenged, but pleas do not call friends names, just Bill, Ben or Janet will suffice, also no taking the moral high ground, we all have our foibles and I am sure your life would not stand up to public scrutiny!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today is one word, not two.
Too busy, not to busy.
Just when I thought you were improving you have a relapse.
I give up!
That's it from me. You're on your own from now on.
Best regards, Anonymous.

PattayaStan said...

Dear Anonymous, many thanks for your sterling efforts, unfortunately all to no avail! best regards, Stan and Diana.