Tuesday 25 May 2010

One Aspect Of Motor Sport I Like Is Dragster Racing,

for me it is loud and fast, also you can get so close to the action, but for Jim Head aged 61, it was life threatening, at the NHRA O'Reilly Summer Nationals at Heartland Park Topeka, Kansas, he was looking to have a slight lead when the car was rocked by a super charger explosion and immediately caught fire, the explosion blew the body of the car high into the air and over the retaining wall on the outside of the track, "We didn't change anything, so it was a parts failure," said Head, who owns his own team, "Unfortunately, I'm on enough of a budget that I probably run several parts a little longer than I should, it was all just smooth, I was winning the race." lucky, lucky fellow, good news that he and the spectators were not injured, I just hope he carries on bringing this spectacular sport to thrill the millions of us that watch it.

No comments: