Friday 14 May 2010

Radio 2 DJ Chris Evans has finally done it,

after backing out from a sale a few years ago he has bought a 1963 Ferrari GTO, having sold his 1959 Ferrari 250 GT LWB California Spyder (for £1.75M) and his Ferrari 250GT SWB Berlinetta (£2.25M) at the RM Auctions sale held in Monaco on the 1st May, he has been negotiating, behind the scenes, to buy a privately owned 1963 250GTO, finally agreeing a deal on the car speculated to be for around £15M, 15 years ago he nearly bought one, but backed out at the last minute, it has a 3-litre V12 engine producing 302bhp@7500rpm, a claimed top speed of 174mph and comes with an excellent racing pedigree, now why did I not make the choice to become a DJ?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris Evans is a mega twat, with or without Ferrari.

PattayaStan said...

Dear Anonymous, glad you did not sit on the fence on that one! I do not think I have ever heard his radio show, I guess from your comment he is not well liked, for me my only interest is the car, not the person, but I think you have to agree it is a nice car! best regards, Stan and Diana