Friday 7 May 2010

What A Beauty!

it is 1936 Bugatti 57SC Atlantic, and it was up for sale, it was owned by car collector Dr. Peter D. Williamson who died in 2008 it was only a matter of time before the car - widely acknowledged as the most desirable classic automobile in the world - would be sold, would you believe it, just as I reached for my cheque book some one beat me to it! it went for between $30 and $40 million, The Wall Street Journal reports, the figure, supplied by a person familiar with last week's transaction, would make the Williamson Atlantic - a heartbreaking piece of European automotive sculpture, considered the epitome of French Deco styling - the most valuable car known to have changed hands, only two completely original Atlantics survive: the Williamson car and another owned by clothing designer Ralph Lauren, even Jay Leno can only afford to buy a replica! I was so close, but I missed my chance, but then again it would have made my bank account more than a little overdrawn!

No comments: