Wednesday 30 June 2010

I Just Love Stories Like This One,

back in 1956 Mike Harrison bought his first car, a black Bentley sports coupe for £150, a lot of money in those days, as an aside at that time I was 6 years old, Dad had just bought our first house, for £400, Mike 74, but just 20 then still has the car, the 1931 car was already 25 years old and had 85,000 miles on the clock and Mike has done another 100,000 since,
and despite its veteran age the Bentley is still runs like clockwork around the roads near Mike's home in Whitney, Herefordshire, he said, 'it is a real eye-catcher. It has something that modern cars just don't have - style and character, I still drive it most days - even though it only does about 15 miles to the gallon.' petrol was just six shillings (30p) a gallon when Mike bought the second-hand Bentley, 'it's been a part of the family for so long that I would never sell it now even though it is worth a lot more than I paid for it'
quite a lot more, the article states it is now worth some thing like £250,000, I remember my first car, a black Ford Popular, did we do some miles in that one, 0 - 60 MPH in just over 34 seconds - those were the days!

No comments: