Tuesday 1 June 2010

Mark Called Round Yesterday And Mentioned My Bike Was Looking A Bit Tired,

well it is about 10 years old, also being left in the sun all day the paint work, like that on my truck has suffered, so I started looking for a new one a little bit better than my 125 c.c. Kawasaki and here it is, a Ferrari D.O.H.C, the story goes like this, David Kay wrote to Enzo Ferrari's son Piero, requesting to build a one-off motorcycle sporting the famous prancing horse badge in tribute to his late father, in a letter dated maranello, 23rd May 1990 and signed by P Ferrari himself (included in the comprehensive press and information file on this lot) Kay receives: ' the approval to place the Ferrari badge on your motorbike' and is wished good luck with his project, four years after starting on the project, although tested but never to its full capacity, the 'Ferrari 900' has an estimated top speed of 265 km/h producing 105bhp at 8,800rpm with a dry weight of a mere 172kg, the bike has been featured with acclaim in worldwide publications ranging from 'Scuderia' in Japan, 'Themen & Trends' in Germany, 'Motociclismo' in Italy, 'SM30' in Spain and obviously 'Motor Cycle News' in the UK; not forgetting a full half page colour spread in the 'Daily Telegraph'! but is it a real Ferrari? well it has a Ferrari badge and in to days copyright infringement world I am sure Ferrari's would have sued by now if it was a fake, but you decide, then disaster just as I reached for my cheque book I saw the price, £249,991.00, oh well I will keep to my Kawasaki then!

No comments: