Monday 14 June 2010

Sunday And We Fancied A Sunday Roast,

strange thing is I did not have one when I was in the UK,
so between the showers we went to the Robins nest on Soi Diana,
gammon ham, roast beef, pork, lamb, chicken and a full selection of vegetables,
'Cheers!' from both of us,
the food was excellent, with a ice cream for dessert all for only 199 baht each, we arrived at about 1.30 there were 3 or four tables free, but it was full when we left - so be early! as it was just round the corner we called into see Bob from Bob's Grill in Soi LK Metro who we had not seen for some time,
then home, later in the evening Mike and Riza called in for a drink and a chat with his new Toyota Fortuner, nice it looked too, it even had the emblems in gold finish instead if chrome,
the new fish we put in yesterday have all settled down well, mainly a type of fish called barbs, the ones I purchased stay small and hopefully active,
then feet up for a few DVD's after Mike and Riza left, firstly Dune, confusing at times, though I guess reading the book might have helped, it is strange to think it was released in 1984, it only seemed like a few years ago,
then on to a favorite series Doc Martin: Series 4, we watched the first 3 episodes, he has not change a bit from his former lovable self! then a episode of Cadfael, Diana and myself have both now changed our minds the new Sony player does not upscale DVD's as well as the now defunk Toshiba HD system, I guess this is like the superior Betamax system losing out to V.H.S. in the tape wars, but back to Cadfael we watched The Leper of St. Giles, a cruel middle-aged baron and a beautiful wealthy orphan are to be wed at the abbey, it comes as no surprise when the sadistic nobleman is found bludgeoned to death, then time for bed.

1 comment:

PattayaStan said...

Dear Anonymous, I deleted your comment by mistake about Martin Clunes, sorry about that, I guess he is not everyone’s cup of tea, but I have known three surgeons (Mr. not Doctor), over the years and I have to say it almost seems they were all from the same mold, one I had several dinners with including his family and friends, his attitude did not change even then, no please or thank you, in that respect I think Martin Clunes plays his part very well as a gruff no-nonsense person, in fact as I am trying this I am trying to think of some one that could have played the part as well, any nominations? Best regards, Stan and Diana.