Saturday 17 July 2010

I Have Written About Pavement Artists Before,

I have to say I think they are so talented, like Tracy Lee Stum, the examples I have put on the blog are of her anamorphic projections, it is the art of creating an image of illusion, through distortion, on a 2-dimensional surface which then appears to become 3-dimensional when viewed from a fixed point through a lens, typically a camera,
born in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, Tracy began drawing as soon as she could hold a crayon in her hand, she studied privately as a child and completed a 4 year Bachelor’s degree program at Tyler School of Art in Philadelphia in 1983, continuing her studies in naturalism at the Florence Academy of Art in Italy and the Los Angeles Academy of Figurative Art in 2004,
she holds the Guinness World Record for the largest street painting by an individual, which was set in 2006,
all I can say is that I am totally amazed every time I see one of these exhibitions, artists like her have so much talent.

No comments: