Wednesday 14 July 2010

Mick and Mass are retuning to the UK soon,

so I helped them move a few things,
like the fish tanks,
and give their fish a new home,
then into see Jack Levy and pick up a cheque,
the view from his office on Pattaya Tai looking towards Sumkivit, just out of interest both Diana and myself have BUPA health care, no matter where you are in the world the unexpected can happen at anytime, so for us better safe than sorry, but the point about the cheque is that if you do not make a claim in the previous year BUPA issue a 10% of premium refund,
then back towards Pattaya to pick up our dry cleaning, and a nice bag it all arrived in too,
then a bit of work on the railway,
I decided to continue added fallen rocks and stones along the rock faces
I then dampened then down with water and applied glue to hold them in place,
then on to putting on some ground cover,
some neat wood glue,
then some course ground cover, tomorrow if I have time I will apply some more ground cover on the hill and add a little colour to the fallen rocks and stones, after my stint upstairs Mark called round for a cup of tea and a chat, after he left Diana had prepared a chicken curry, then we settled down to watch
The Prestige, we had seen it before but for me it is a great film, the plot is that Robert and Alfred are rival magicians, when Alfred performs the ultimate magic trick, Robert tries desperately to find out the secret to the trick, in a small role David Bowie plays Nikola Tesla, who we have much to thank for his discovery of AC electricity, as one person put it "The genius who lit the world" unlike the other electrical guy Edison, who tried to get the world dimly lit with DC current, also of note in the film is that Tesla did in fact stay at Colorado Springs, from 1899 to 1900 where he built a laboratory with a 200 kW transmitter, great film mixing fantasy with fiction and fact,
another part of the film that was fact was that Chung Ling Soo who Robert and Alfred went to watch was a real life person, we really enjoyed watching it again, by the way who ever it is that corrects my spelling is back, yes Mick and others it is sad, but any way I hit the wrong button again and deleted the comment that was left so if you have nothing better to do with your time please resubmit it, then off to bed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will be back in town 1 Aug, would you like to join us dinner and drinks... Daryle & Imee

Anonymous said...

I repeat, coarse. Not course.

Anonymous said...

Stan,

Which BUPA product do you have as we have Personal Care...just asking to check if there is a better product out there.

Daryle

PattayaStan said...

Dear Daryle have a safe trip, let us know where & when you are free & we can meet up for a beer or two, the BUPA plan I use is Platinum for myself and I think gold for Diana, the higher cost for me is because of my age, for both of us just over 52,000 baht a year, but call into see Jack Levy or your insurance agent or try a BUPA office for the full low down, best regards, Stan and Diana.

Dear Anonymous, of course you are correct! best regards, Stan and Diana.