Tuesday 21 September 2010

Another House Bound Day Today,

my foot is still painful and swollen so walking is a no-no,
the good news is that it gave me some more time to catalogue and label more of my stamps, speaking of which the Royal Mail had come up with these for Christmas, well it is getting near now, only 13 shopping Saturdays to go and counting! but back to the stamps, they are of Wallace & Gromit, created by Nick Park, his field is stop motion animation movies, another one of his you may of heard of is Chicken Run, all great favorites of ours,
Gromit, the dog is the sidekick of
Wallace, whose inventions never seem to go quite according to plan but always eventually seem to work, Mark called in to say Hi so we had chat over a few cups of tea.
Diana wanted to catch up on the ironing so it was literally feet, or I should say foot up for me as it is the least painful having it raised, then on to H.M.S. Defiant, a tale set in the brutal days of press gangs in the Royal Navy pre the Spithead mutiny, although this event did over take the ship in the telling of the story, it made for me those days come to to life,
then an old favorite King Kong, Diana was still ironing so I knew she would not mind me watching it again,
then for some thing completely different, Cirque Du Soleil, I have seen the troupe perform many times before but Diana had not, we have 4 DVD's all with different shows, this one Dralion, it featured acts from the Chinese circus with the modern production of Cirque Du Soleil, Diana was captivated, live music and singing accompanied every act, the good news is that we have 3 more DVD's with different shows to watch,
then another from the Hitchcock's box Torn Curtain, an American scientist defects to Russia, his unsuspecting girlfriend secretly follows him and both are caught up in a web of double dealing and murder,
then the first of a six part mini series filmed in the 1970's, The Six Wives Of Henry VIII, nothing as lavish as The Tudors, but it did point out the Cardinal Wolsey did die on the way to the block, historians think it was from disease, rather than in The Tudors where he cuts his own throat, but I digress, a good series for the time, as an added bonus we saw a young Mrs. Mildrew paying the part of Catherine of Aragon, Diana knew the face was familiar but just could not place it, then a painful hobble to bed.

2 comments:

Mocha Joe said...

Hi Stan & Diana,

Sorry to hear about your foot. Are you taking any pain-killers for it?

On your previous blog, I noticed Diana with a packet of McVities Digestive Biscuits (my favourite biscuit!). Did you bring these (unbroken!) all the way from your recent trip to the UK? or do they sell Digestives in Thailand now?

PattayaStan said...

Dear Mocha Joe, many thanks for your concern, I took Anadin, an over the counter pain killer in the UK for a couple of nights, but none last night or the night before, I just hope I am back to normal in the next few days. The biscuits we bought in Friendship, 120 baht on special offer, not too many broken ones which was a result, so I treat myself every couple of days to a couple, Diana does not like them, (more for me he-he!), best regards, Stan and Diana.