Sunday 19 September 2010

I Am In Terrible Pain!

really, I had a awful nights sleep, then when I finally got out of bed about 7.30 in the morning I could hardly walk, my right foot had swollen, especially around the side of the big toe and was intensely painful to the slightest touch, the curse of old age, arthritis had struck! in my case in the form of gout, one time in Charlie Chaplin films amongst others it is a slap stick standby of some one failing over a hugely bandaged foot of a gout sufferer, well it is painful, unbelievably so, if you have experienced gout before you will know what I mean if not, you have an experience you will not like to look forward to! looking at the suggestions it is off the booze for me and no more rare steaks, it looks like I might have to give seafood a miss till it clears up too, it appears in the UK one in every hundred men will suffer from this form of arthritis, so as I can not walk very well it was feet up, tea, McVities digestive biscuits and sympathy, I also got on sorting my stamp collection too,
we also in the evening watched a few DVD's, another one from the Hitchcock boxed set, Rope, can two collage students with all of their skills preform the perfect murder? talking of skills Hitchcock certainly had one, except the opening few moments the entire film is set in one apartment, but not for one moment does the film seem claustrophobic, Diana really enjoyed it although it was made long before she was born,
then a documentary about Sir Arther Conan Doyle, it appears that the character of Holmes was taken from a real life doctor, Dr. Joesph Bell, a fascinating DVD that had both Diana and myself enjoying every moment of it,
then a taste of pure evil, written by Oscar Wilde strangely enough after a meeting with Conan Doyle at the Langham Hotel in London, (which is why the Langham Hotel is mentioned so often in Holmes's adventures), I am rambling back to the DVD, Dorian Gray, we have both watched the black and white version and both agreed that Dorian was more handsome in the original than in this version, but never the less a good performance by all concerned, made all the better by being on Blu-Ray, another couple of episodes of Hill Street then painfully off to bed.

No comments: