Monday 11 October 2010

Sunday Lunch At Robins Nest,

as usual, 3 courses for just 199 baht,
we were joined by Eric and his lovely lady Chanel,
Diana and myself did not have the soup, the main course was more than enough for both of us, on the way back after lunch we stopped off to buy some fresh fruit, pomegranates are in season now, better still it looks like they help your health, they are being hailed as a super-food which can protect the heart, scientists in Israel have shown that drinking a daily glass of the fruit's juice can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, next to the light bulb shop, yet again another bulb has shone no more, then feet up for Die Hard 2, just two years after his last near-death adventure, John McClane (what a great action hero name) battles bad guys who take over an airport's communication system around the holidays, unless their demands are met, they will unceremoniously plummet planes to the ground one by one -- including one on which Mrs. McClane (Bonnie Bedelia) is a passenger, of course Johnny, he of wise-cracking ways, is the only one who can save the day, great action movie,
then for me it was down to Walking Street I was going to meet up with some friends, Walking Street was packed with people, well walking, and taking in the sights and sounds,
as I was a bit early I took a few snaps of the neon bar signs,
a look along Soi 14 I think it is,
I have said neon signs but a lot of bars are going for the LED signs, nice they look too,
back to neon,
the seafood sign makes me feel hungry!
a mixture of neon and LED,
I waited on the corner of Beach Road,
upstairs in the new Siren bar some ladies were dancing, but not a single customer went to the bar in the hour I stood there, I must have missed my friends so I popped home to pick up Diana for our usual Sunday night out,
first stop at Lollipop and who should we bump into? Mark from Australia and Jay having a boys night out, we were joined by Grieg, the owner Mark and a few other customers before we made our way over to Champions, we had one there and then made our way home,
knowing it was late and we were not stopping long I took my bike into town, naturally whilst we were in Champions the sky opened up and it poured down, as always I keep a plastic mac under the seat, it was just good fortune that it was night time, I did not think Diana's pretty in pink was quite my colour!
one result of the rain was this chappie who serenades us at night came out of his hiding place, then a cup of Milo and off to bed.

No comments: