Monday 15 November 2010

Bambi And Chips Please!

with Christmas just around the corner, I just had to put this on the blog, this delicious and popular dish in Scandinavia has caused outrage in the UK, it appears that a group of people have decided it is wrong to eat reindeer, shame really, I enjoy a bit of venison when it is on the menu in the UK, but the campaign group Viva! has slammed Lidl for selling the meat, claiming reindeer are often herded in cruel ways, so I guess they must mean that the rest of the way meat is farmed is OK? leaving that to one side I really do not see what the fuss is all about, I guess you could say the same about people who sell or eat kangaroo meat, what would Hoppy the kangaroo's parents say about putting him in bun? the store chain is also selling pheasant, venison and springbok in a bid to capitalise on its premium appeal, I would also have thought ostrich meat would be on the menu as well, (it is delicious).

No comments: