Thursday 13 January 2011

I Mentioned A Teacher Being Sacked,

for allowing two 15 year old pupils to try a sledge, but police in Raynham, Massachusetts have decided with city hall to ban the activity for all, Raynham Police Chief James Donovan commented “It’s not a sledding issue; it’s a safety issue and that is police business,” it appears that sledges have become faster over the years, two weeks ago, a 16-year-old and a 20-year-old were rushed to the hospital while sledding in Raynham – a crash that partly provoked the ban, some bones were broken, He cited several other injuries over the years, including children smashing into parked vehicles, some local residents have complained about the ban, Donovan said he understands the complaints, because he has fond memories of sledding in Raynham as a child, but public safety is a priority, and he’s ready to enforce the School Department’s policy against sledding on city hall and school property,

Amanda Guenthner juggled two snow tubes while shopping at the Benny’s store in Raynham Tuesday night, with hopes of hitting some Raynham hills with her boyfriend after today’s snowfall, so she wasn’t happy to hear about the new ban on sledding at the Raynham Middle School, which was issued Monday night after reports of sledding injuries, "I’ve been sledding there since I was a little girl,” said Guenther, a Taunton resident, “I don’t care if I hurt myself,” she said,

I wonder how this will go? arrest the children or go to the parents home and arrest the parents, then a fine or prison time, what to do with repeat offenders? I can just imagine the young child pictured above peering over the dock, 'please judge, don't send me to the chair!' I never realised that having a fun time in the snow could lead to a police record.

No comments: