Wednesday 13 April 2011

We Continued Our Walk,

to build up an appetite for the evening,
but it was so hot,
we had to take advantage of the happy hour,
then we spotted this beauty, a Chevrolet Camaro I think about 1968,
for the evening meal we fancied a Indian curry, but were unable to track a Indian restaurant down, so having enjoyed the food so much we revisited the Cottage Kitchen,
the food was as good as before, blackened chicken for Diana,
meatloaf for Jeff,
and a huge and I do mean huge ham hock for me, the bottom of the plate contained potatoes and egg, boiled vegetables and beans, covered with a ham hock, I had never had one of these before, but one thing I do know is that I will only order one again when I am really hungry, there was so much of it and as tender as could be,
well done Jim, we will be back!
to round off the evening we took taxi's back to town and walked to the far end of Walking Street,
to the Paradise beer garden for a nightcap,
a mango juice for Diana,
followed a few bars up by a ice coffee then home to bed,
we had breakfast with Jeff the following morning then he left for home, for us we took a walk to the SM mall,
it was closer than we thought, the taxi's charged 50 pesos, but of course greed crept in when having agreed to 50 pesos when we arrived at the hotel the thugs demanded 100 peso, not wishing to make a problem we paid, now do not get me wrong, if they had said 100 pesos in the first place, OK I would have made a decision got in and paid it, but when the price has been agreed I object to then being made to double the fare,
so instead of the torturous road route we walked the elevated walk way, 3 or 4 times, the taxi drivers to and from the mall will never get another peso from me this trip or any other to the mall, and look at the good the exercises is doing me!
whilst at the mall Diana decided to demonstrate her driving skills on one of the race car simulators,
as they would say in The Navy Lark, 'left hand down a bit!'
Diana had been saying she would like a coconut shake, so here it is,
we then had a mid day snack at the water spraying bar Phillies, where she noticed some nice cream cakes on the way out, I think we will be back!
later in the evening we meet up with Glen, Mey and Casey, who I should say does not like having her picture taken,
in the Tequila Reef Cantina,
Mey and a apprehensive looking Casey,
fried Cajun blacken chicken for me,
sizzling sisig for Diana,
'Cheers!' from both of us,
outside the girls went home,
but for Glen and myself the evening was still young, well not as young as me but close!
Gecko's was not our first stop,
- or last,
we managed to fit in the Roadhouse,
I am also not sure where this was,
I am guessing this place was called Q,
keeping to a Pirate theme Treasure Island,
that was also playing that Bangles number,
next stop the Forbidden City,
Typhoon was also on the list,
we just had to pose for the camera, as you might guess by now it was late so home to the hotel for some sleep,
next morning and it was our turn to leave, Diana's family called over with her luggage to say their goodbyes,
but there was one last place to call, you guessed it Jollibee!
for Diana's last meal in the Philippines,
for me a club sandwich and chips, followed by an ice coffee in the Austrailin/English food bar,
whilst waiting for our taxi I noticed these chaps selling what at first looked like pieces of cork,
Diana then told me what they were, fried pig intestines, not my cup of tea, but aparently very popular out here,
on the way back to the hotel, Diana was inticed by some more food,
some bar-b-qued meat on a stick,
then to the airport, the same as ariving here the plane was only half full,
on one side of the isle the two of us had three seats, on the other side the chap there had three to himself,
Bangkok here we come!
we were both pretty tired by the time we arrived home, I sugested that Diana open her welcome home presents in the morning when we wake up, she was having none of it!
first a scary movie, Diana loves them,
next still trying to keep awake a dress,
and another,
and another, this time creamy white,
by now she was wide awake again, so she had to try this one on, now the next question, where to wear it? with that we were off to bed.

2 comments:

Mocha Joe said...

Hi Stan,

In reference to the taxi's charging 100 peso, rather than 50 peso, for the trip to the shopping mall. They doubled the fare, even with Diana in the taxi? a filipino national?

I don't think they would even do this in Thailand, or am I wrong?

No wonder you were chessed off!

PattayaStan said...

Dear Mocha Joe, they doubled the fare even with Diana, a Filipino national in the taxi and of course for Jeff in his, I have to say in Thailand every time the fare has been fixed before driving off, even if the driver drives around because he can not find the place what is agreed is what is paid, with the caveat - so far! best regards, Stan and Diana.