Tuesday 10 May 2011

First Thing And I Was On My Way To Nissan,

I took things a bit easy just in case the fuel filter leaked again,
I arrived there at just on 08.30, explained what had happened and was told without a booking I would have to wait, but the filter would be replaced as soon as there was some spare time, one hour and a couple of complimentary coffees later I was on my way, great service,
the view looking away from Pattaya as I joined the Sumkivitt highway,
next stop, the car wash, some how the truck still smelled slightly of diesel, little did I realise the show I was about to put on for the workers there, I still had the same shoes on when the diesel spill occurred, great on dry concrete but as soon as one touched some surface water it was like walking on polished ice! the price of the car wash had come down from 700 baht to 540 baht and there was me saying only a couple of days ago how many things had increased in price,
the wash section of the car wash,
I settled down with a Cafe Bon coffee and a couple of biscuits for breakfast,
then back home, the truck looking as good as new,
the diesel smell under the bonnet completely gone,
next a proper breakfast that Diana cooked, then Jay and Pricil called by for a few cups of tea and a chat,
we decided on Wild, Wild West then Mr. Tony called by so we had a couple of glasses of medicinal red wine, then he left for home so back to the movie, Wild Wild West, great fun, the producers did at one time think of building the full size mechanical spider, but gave up when they found that one leg they did build weighed in at 10,000 lbs! the story is about Jim West who is a guns-a-blazing former Civil War hero and Artemus Gordon is an inventive U.S. Marshal who excels in disguise, when the United States is threatened by psychotic Confederate Arliss Loveless, President Ulysses Grant teams the duo up to bring him to justice, that is the dry bones of the story but it was great fun to watch, also the hour or so in 'extras' on the DVD was informative to watch,
one more from the Hammer box, Scars of Dracula, this is one I had not seen before, a young man, Paul Carlson, is on a trip and spends the night in count Dracula's castle, the young man's brother Simon comes to the small town where all the traces of Paul have disappeared, so then on to the castle.......... the film featured a very young Dennis Waterman, well he was only 22 when he starred in it in 1970,
to finish the evening a few from the Trotters, Uncle Albert is settling in, after Grandad dies in Strained Relations, Albert tries to make some money by falling down a hole in Hole in One, finally Rodney's hopes of becoming a pop star are dashed in It's Only Rock and Roll, then for us off to bed.

No comments: