Tuesday 16 August 2011

Diana Grew A Few Sunflowers A Couple Of Months Ago,

whilst they grew large there were nowhere near the size of this one, at 7m (23ft) the flower that has been nicknamed the ‘Eiffel flower’ if it grows any more, could beat the world record of 8.04m (26ft 4in), Eve Fielding from Margate, Kent, thought the flower would reach it's normal height of 3.6m (12ft) of so, but not this one, she explained, ‘I planted a few seeds with my granddaughter so we could have a race to grow the biggest one, this was one of the leftover ones, so I thought I might as well sow it and see what happened, I watered it every day but I didn’t put anything special in the soil or anything daft, it just carried on growing, I can see that next time we buy some sunflower seeds Diana will have to try harder!

No comments: