Sunday 18 September 2011

I Am Late With The Blog Today,

for some reason I did not hear the alarm, so here goes, 



first stop to the builders shop in Theppresit Road, there are many more nearer but this one seems to have everything,



this is the problem, I have put Perspex barrier across the front and back doors, in case you are wondering the long range forecast is for heavy rain over the next few days, but of course water can still get into the house via these drains in the bathrooms,

 now I do not know if this will work, but by making a pipe fitting fit the hole,


like this I am hoping that if the level rises it will only go up the blue pipe and not flood the house, of course this temporary measure will allow some smells up into the house where as the drain trap does not,


 so next step buy some naphthalene moth balls,


 insert a little wool, I used nylon as it will not rot, but allow air to pass,


 add a moth ball to the top to kill any unwanted smells,

and put a cap with a small hole in it to allow for air to escape if the drain fills up and to keep out the insects that are moth ball tolerant! but after all of that I just hope we do not get anther downpour like the last one, but if we do at least I have done my best to make sure the water stays on the outside,




then out on the town, Diana decided to stay in and watch some horror DVDs, whilst I made my way to town, 


going past the restaurants on the way to Soi Blues Factory they were doing good business, 


 Walking Street was packed, follow the hand!


 considering it was still before 09.00 in the evening there were a lot of people about,


and this was where I was heading, Champions, I meet up with Juu inside, another week or so and the new floor will be finished, it looks really smart inside, whilst there we were joined by Rick and Brian, Sa also called in, a little later Slim Jim arrived, who was looking super fit, followed by Harvey and Jon who had just arrived from Phuket, well that was it, Jon's bottle of vodka was put on the table, it was a shame to put it back on the shelf, so another one bit the dust! also a reader of our blog called over to say Hi, but I forgot to ask his name, Champions with it's new look seemed to be even more popular than ever, this was the place to be,


I still chuckle when I see this sign, tattoos at the House Of Pain, still it does the job as at least it gets noticed,


 then home courtesy of Juu



 just remember to stop at the stop sign,

when I arrived home I was a little the worse for wear, but during the day we watched The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, as good if not even better than the others, but back to the evening, for us we were off to bed.

No comments: