Sunday 6 November 2011

I Woke With A Bit Of A Headache,

so straight on with today's post,


 Diana was telling me that some of my shirts had shrunk,


 naturally I did not believe her until I tried one on,


 not that it was me putting on any weight!


 next stop to the market,


 we had to try more than a few stalls for the potatoes,


 the ones on offer today were very poor quality, 


 a couple of things on sticks for Diana to eat later,


 and a few sweet desserts in a bag, Mark called round in the afternoon,

 then all too soon it was time to hit the town, a show was going on in the street,




 which was really crowded,


 again this week a collection of bikes and scooters was on display,


 with volunteers collecting money for the flood ravaged north,


 some of the scooters looking like they had just been found,


 others looking like they had huge amounts of TLC lavished on them,


 then in the bike section one of my favorite bikes, one that I never though I would see out here, a Indian Chief,


 what a beauty!


I was looking at the bikes with Juu, who could not understand what I was going on about with all of the other American bikes on display, but for me it was the Chief that stole the show,


 there were of course lots of other bikes with famous racing pedigrees like this B.S.A


 some in need of a little TLC,


 others in need of a lot of it!


then to Champions where Juu and myself settled down for a drink or three, later we were joined by Slim Jim and Mark,


 all to soon it was about midnight so Juu made his way home whilst Mark and myself made a move along Walking Street past some of the street entertainers,


 to say Hi to Grieg in Roxy's.


 as usual we were made more than welcome by Grieg and his staff,


 we also bumped into Per-Oyvind who along with a friend was out for a night on the town,


 then it was time to head home into a very crowded Walking Street,


but I had a cunning plan, this couple walked from A to B in a straight line regardless of who was in their way, so I snuck in behind them as they cleared a path through the throng of revellers,


 then a quick walk to a quiet Second Road,


 and I was on my way home on the back of a somewhat wobbly motorbike taxi, then straight to bed,


during the day and when Mark called by I watched the final DVD in World War 1 in Colour, if any one of my age can watch this with out shedding a tear for the sacrifices those brave men made in that conflict then you have a heart of stone, to put this in context in the last year of the war, 1918, Great Britain lost more men in that year than in ALL of the years in the Second World War combined, in round figures in the conflict over 65 million men were mobilised, there were over 38 million casualties, for us fighting for God, King and the Union Jack, which our masters in Brussels want us to give up.

No comments: