Thursday 1 December 2011

I Must Admit I have Not Played With My Train Set Lately,

but when I look at this one I can see I have a long way to go,


it is in Hamburg, called Miniatur Wunderland, it attracts thousands of people every year, it has more than 39,000 feet of tracks, on which 890 trains travel across a quarter of an acre of land, also it features a day/night sequence where a day lasts for 15 minutes, it contains more than 300,000 lights, 215,000 trees, 3,000 buildings and 200,000 human figurines - a bigger population than some cities, the model world has taken 500,000 hours to build, but is only half complete, with its talented creators expecting to finish it in 2020, I am guessing mine will be finished a little before that! but if you want to be amazed have a look at the link even if you are not into trains, it is amazing!

No comments: