Tuesday 10 January 2012

After We Returned From The Philippines,

we had one day in Pattaya then we were off to Korat, but I did not have time to post our day as we were up for a early start to our journey,   


so here goes, first thing in the morning Alex called by for a tea and a chat,

then Diana gave me the Christmas present she bought for me in the Philippines, a Timex day/date watch, which I have worn ever since,

then to the Surf Kitchen for breakfast,

coconut shake for Diana and a coke for Kai,


ice coffee for me and a pineapple juice for Steve,

followed by a club sandwich, Thai food, spaghetti bolognese and a tuna sandwich and chips, clockwise,

we then called in to say Hi to Mr. Tony and Booie,


it was a bit cold in the pool so the girls just got their feet wet,

whilst we had a tea or two,

these at first looked like a type of bulb,

but it turns out they are a type of orchid,

and very nice they looked too,

the girls then moved to the jacuzzi pool,

and posed for the camera,

Mr. Tony and Booie had hired a truck, today it was to be handed back, so Booie made this gift to give back the keys to the rental company when they called round to pick it up, a nice gesture,

the girls meanwhile decided they did not want to pose for me,

it looked like Mr. Smack was going to have to come to town!

but all was well in the end,

Booie was out front helping out with the gardening which she loves,

next stop Tesco's for some shopping, we took some ham and cheese amongst other things, I must admit whilst I like some Thai foods they tend to be westernised so some back up sandwiches for me whilst we are up in the jungle,

next stop the night market,

second hand clothes opposite the bar this evening,

Brian called by the bar, his limp a little better, last week he pulled a ham string, but it has taken almost a week for the bruising to show,

for some reason the bike park was packed,

next stop for Steve and myself Walking Street,

the restaurants before Soi Blues Factory doing a good trade,
as was Walking Street,
lots of neon signs to look at,

then we met up with Harvey and Lars as we joined Wut for a drink in Champions,

where we meet up with Jordan, next stop for a pizza in Soi Diamond,

followed by a drink in Sexy Airline,


not to mention the Moon Club,

we made our way to see Grieg in Roxy's,


where we were warmly received both inside and out,

the mime artist hard at work as we made our way home,
then as I had not eaten a bite to eat for me,

it looks a lot but I only ordered the chicken leg,

but I had to stop for the girls,

as I thought I would order then a couple of mango pancakes,

it is such a work of art watching how the cook makes these,


into the pan,

mango added,
cooked to perfection,

then the next one is started,
but this one has a few holes in it,

but not to worry,

they both turn out well in the end,

almost ready,
hot work,

then done,
chopped, then,

some sugar,

and some condensed milk, a big day tomorrow, so for us, home and off to bed.

No comments: