Friday 6 January 2012

Up, Up And Away, Again!

up early and off to the airport,


but before we go here for me is a great idea, a small sink in the bedroom, so while Diana takes over the bathroom I can have a shave and brush my teeth with out getting in her way, 


 breakfast at the airport, cream cake for Diana,


 sandwich and a coffee for me,


 I thought that this was our plane,


 but I was mistaken, it was this one,


 a four engined job,


 that arrived over an hour late,


we soon settled in fort the 3 hour flight, a Philippine Air Line plane in the background,


Diana once told me that Philippine Air Line or PAL stands for 'plane always late', maybe she is correct!


 up and away as Manila shrinks in the distance,


we pass by Manila Bay, 


 we brought along the cribbage board to pass away the time,


 after a meal we were soon in Thailand, PAL, keeping to their tradition arrive over an hour late,




 as you land here what is amazing is the size of the airport,


 it is huge,


I hope he stops in time! 


 next off in the baht bus for a seafood supper at Prichai,


now here is a coincidence, I went out on the bike to find a baht bus, I stopped the first on I saw, the driver looked and said Prichai? I was astounded, he then said your house same before I said yes and followed him home, it apeares that out of all of the baht buses here we had used him the last time we went to Prichai and he remembered me and our home, what a coincidence!


 the entrance to the restaurant,


 lots of tempting things to eat,


 of all shapes and sizes,


 we sat in the open to watch the sunset,


unfortunately it disappeared behind a cloud,


Steve and Kai with a New Years greeting in the background,


'Cheers!', from me as the food started to arrive,


and there were lots of it,


another three dishes are served,


I had to take a picture of the 'beer girls', each one hoping you will order her brand,


Juu and Dang along with Jac were also with us this evening,


after a wonderful meal for which we thank Steve and Kai it was back to 388 for Diana to open her presents,


she chose this one from Steve and Kai first,


they know how to impress, a box of Hotel Chocolat chocolates!


next one from me,


Diana has no idea what,


it turns out to be three watches, all genuine copies,


now the big one, Diana has been repeatedly shaking this one to try to find out what is inside,


as the paper comes off it is revelled,


a mini Billingham bag,


just what a traveller needs,


Steve, Kai and Dang,


Diana still has lots more to open,


some hair grips,


another present or two,


some make up mirrors,


then it was time to relax, after a few drinks it was time for our guests to leave, and for us off to bed.

No comments: