Wednesday 8 February 2012

I Guess Most Of My Friends Do Know I like The Occasional Drink,

but I have never been a fan of whisky or brandy,


but for anyone that does like a whisky here is a special one for you, as Her Majesty celebrated 60 years of her reign, the final touches were put on a whisky especially produced to mark the anniversary, the blended malt and grain 'Diamond Jubilee' whisky, which was distilled in 1952, was finally bottled at the Royal Lochnagar distiller, only 60 bottles were made at the distillery on the Balmoral Estate in Ballater, Aberdeenshire,


one will be gifted to the Queen and the others will be sold around the world for £100,000 each, is it worth it? well I suppose it depends on how much you have in the bank, the good news is that all of the profits from the sale of the remaining 59 bottles will go to the Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust (Qest), a charity which provides grants and training to craftspeople in the UK.

No comments: