Sunday 20 May 2012

The Day Sort Of Slipped Past,

Mark called round in the afternoon,


 then it was time to meet a few friends in town, it had just rained before I left, but happily it had stopped by the time I left home and had pretty much dried out by the time I arrived in town,

 New York, New York now open and ready to go,

 I walked through Soi Blues Factory, just opposite is the Marine bar that has a Muay Thai boxing show, above it the Marine disco, a popular place many years ago, in fact it still may be, I have not been there for many years,

Walking Street was packed with people, I made my way to Champions and was joined by Brian, Slim Jim, Harvey and Peter who was over here for a couple of weeks, the good news from Peter is that Kenny has now recovered from hip surgery and should be back in January to show of his dancing skills, we chatted the night away, then it was time to head to the street,

 I walked with Harvey dodging the crowds, till the end of Soi Diamond where we said our goodbyes for the evening,
then I was on a mission, to the food stall at the end of Soi Diamond where it reaches Second Road,

 I had orders from Diana, 2 sausages on sticks, the owner of the stall was his usual friendly self,

 some pepper or spices added for flavour,

 there was plenty of food to chose from, I did not order any for myself, I must try to lose weight, I have heard that late night food is the worse thing to eat regarding putting on a few pounds,

 Diana's food is nearly done, the charcoal glowing red in the grill, then motorbike taxi home, feet up to watch some television, I then weaken and ate a packet of crisps, I guess a nibble of chicken would have been better, but there you are, with that we were of to bed.

No comments: