Sunday 15 July 2012

At Last!


an electric car that can go for more than 100 miles on a single charge,


it is the QBEAK electric car which promises to go 500 miles before the battery needs recharging, typically modern electric cars can not manage to go further than the ones made in 1908, that is 100 miles or so, like the humble 1908 Fritchle Model A Victoria, 100 miles (160 kilometres) on a single charge, but the QBEAK breaks the mould, the Modular Energy Carrier concept (MECc), created by three Danish companies, uses bio-methanol to bolster its battery life, a bio-methanol/water is converted by the fuel cell to create electricity, while waste heat from the process powers the car's heating and cooling system, but it is not all as it seems, the QBEAK project hopes to launch a battery-powered model with a range of 186 miles (300 kilometres) later this year, so it is not really 500 miles on one charge, it is a mixture of technologies that produce the long range,


but back to basics, the three fundamental questions I always ask about hybrid/electric cars, how long do the batteries last? how much does it cost to replace them? how much does it cost to dispose of the old batteries in an environmentally friendly way? only when a manufacture address these three questions will we be able to make an informed choice, for me I will take a petrol V8 engine every time like this one, a Pro Series Chevy LS 427 C.I.D. EFI R, 580 hp and 560 ft.-lbs. of torque, now we are talking!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ηеу Ӏ am sο grаteful I fοund your ωebpage,
Ӏ reаlly founԁ you by accіdеnt, ωhіle I was lоoking on Aol for
something elѕe, Anyways І аm here now and would just like
to say thanκѕ foг a inсгeԁіblе post and
а all round entertaining blοg (ӏ аlѕo lοve the theme/dеsign),
I don’t haѵe tіme tο bгoωse it all at thе momеnt but I have boоk-marked
it anԁ аlѕo adԁed yоur RЅЅ feеԁs, sο ωhen I haѵe time I
will be bаck to read mоre, Ρleaѕe dо kееp uр the great jo.
Feel free to visit my blog post :: http://litterboxfurniturewithwashablewalls759.wordpress.com/2012/09/18/exactly-why-is-my-kitty-staying-away-from-the-litter-box/