Sunday 8 July 2012

I Meet Steve In His Usual Watering Hole,

the Punch & Judy,

 for a late breakfast/early lunch,

 just as I was walking in to the pub this family rode past, he has a mobile stall selling insects amongst other tasty tit bits, his stall is adorned by pictures and a buffalo skull, (not to mention a dead rubber chicken!), just after I clicked the shutter they all gave me cheery wave as they drove past,

 we both decided on the special of the day, a curry, first a few poppadoms and chutney sauce with nan bread,

followed by the main course served with rice, we chatted Steve's lunch hour away as he had to return after lunch to his students, after returning home we watch some satellite television until late in the evening,

then a treat, Prime Suspect 2, originally in four parts we watched it all in one sitting, over three hours but the time just flew by, this from a 2006 interview, Helen Mirren stated that 'what did shock me profoundly was we had a storyline, where a house had been bought and they're re-modelling the garden and they find a dead body and then they find another one. And in my mind I was going - that's a little bit, you know, that's pushing it a bit - and then very shortly after that the Rosemary and Fred West case came about and I thought - my god. My god. Not only was it realistic. The real world went so much further' it was such a good episode that we started to watch the next in the series, then realised it was 02.30 in the morning before we were half way through, so for us we were off to bed.

No comments: