Saturday 7 July 2012

We Decided To Have a Look Around The Market Today,

hopefully we can buy some lychee's if they are still in season,

 on the way we passed by the new structure on the corner of Pattaya Tai and Third Road,

 it is single story with a nice floor and takes up quiet an area, it may well become a shopping mart, but as with all businesses in this area the problem is that of parking space, or I should say lack of it,

 we parked up in the Friendship car park,

 and made our way in to the Soi Bukaow market,

 but first I called in to the picture shop, we wanted a couple of prints, although I have a printer the colours I see on the screen are not what I get on the pictures I print, so for the sake of a few baht I have any we need printed here,

 whilst there I always have a look at their marine aquarium,

 it always looks nice with the same fish every time I visit, so I know they are being well looked after,

 like this Bangaii Cardinalfish, (Pterapogon kauderni), some times called the Jewelled Cardinalfish,

 or this Longnose Hawkfish, (Oxycirrhites typus),

 there are some invertebrates there as well, like this clam,

 and this cleaner shrimp, (Lysmata amboinensis) it does as its name suggests, clean parasites and other unwanted debris from fish that come to visit its cleaning station, out of interest if you put your hand near one of these in an aquarium and shake you hand slightly the shrimp will clean your finger nails at their base where they leave your skin, but ask the owner first!

 and of course there had to be a Nemo,

 then into the market, lots to chose from,

 the fish shop was busy,

 after the shoppers moved away I had a look,

 new for this week some terrapins,

 and white, red and blue shrimps,

 I had a quick look at the plants,

 this week there were some orchids for sale,

 but not a huge selection,

 we meet back up in the cafe for a ice coffee, alas no lychee's, so I guess the season is finished,

 then back to Friendship, on the way we walked past the bike shop which had this Honda PCX outside,

 pretty in pink, but I will keep to my trusty Kawasaki,

 which we had just loaded up when we bumped into Jay and Precil,

 next stop home and unpack the shopping,

 I called in to see Don who I had not chatted to in some time, the house opposite him has now got a roof,

 notice the scaffolding meets all of the local Health & Safety requirements,

 but at the end of the day it works!

 I just managed to get back from Don's before the rain set in, luckily just as we were going to the Friday night market it stopped, as we arrived a few of the stalls were being swept out of water,

 a lot of the concrete had already dried,

 but the skies still looked like there was a lot of rain still up there,

 opposite the bar what looked like a clothes stall and a True Vision outlet,

 considering the rain there were a lot of people about,

 a lot of the stalls had lowered rain awnings just in case,

 the sky still looking a little menacing,

 some of the stall holders had put awnings across the aisles,

 but you do not want to be near this one when it is emptied after it has filled with water!

  there were quiet a few people at the bar this evening,

 we were joined by Mr. Tony who had been in town today,

 then the rain started, but again luckily for us just a small shower,

 Mr. Tony returned with one of those potatoes on a stick, nice it was too as I tried some,

 then home with some chicken on a stick and some rice, feet up and watch a DVD or two,

 as we said our goodbyes to Mr. Tony our frog showed up again,

 it was strange that I only mentioned to Diana yesterday that I was surprised he had not shown up,

 the reason being that we have had rain once or twice daily over the last few days,

 so here he is again,

in the evening we watched some more of The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin, so many for us funny lines, this another exchange between Doc Morrissey and Reggie,


Doc Morrissey: Had any dreams about naked sportswomen?
Reginald Perrin: As a matter of fact I have. Only last night, I dreamed I was watching the Whiteman Cup at Wimbledon. Everyone was naked. Even the line judges.
Doc Morrissey: Who won?
Reginald Perrin: To be honest, I didn't much bother with the scores. I think it was the ones with the very big, er, first serves


what a great for us series, after saying our goodbyes to Mr. Tony, we were off to bed.

No comments: