Friday 19 October 2012

It Appears I Am Not Alone,

when it comes to being unable to spell,


resident and motorists in Northamptonshire were amused, well having said that some were outraged, at this spelling mistake, painted in 2ft-high white capital letters was the word 'disableb' - mistaken for 'disabled' by council workers, Northamptonshire County Council admitted today the error had been made by workmen adding that 'unfortunately mistakes do happen', but one thing I am confidant about is numbers,

unlike some workers in Upminster, this picture was taken in St Mary’s Lane by Romford, Essex, driving instructor Chris Bancroft, of Streetwise driving school, who regularly takes students out on the stretch of road, He said: 'the first time I noticed it, I was doing a lesson and the student didn’t know what the speed limit was and had to ask me, it totally confuses them, and it must confuse drivers who aren’t learners too, I don’t really understand it, who would actually look at a 40-sign and think "I’ll paint 30 on the road"?'


Cllr Michael White, leader of the council, said: 'this was a mistake made by Carillion Plc, working on behalf of UK Power Networks, we have told Carillion to correct the markings as soon as possible, otherwise we will put them right and charge them accordingly', so that's alright then.

No comments: