Saturday 17 November 2012

Many Councils In The UK,

are making huge amounts of money,


by fining people dropping litter on the street, I think this may be one of the reasons why, residents in Stoke-on-Trent hoping to use this bin must I guess call in Health & Safety every time they want to use it, the litter bin was mounted so high it was even taller than 6ft 7ins Stoke City footballer Peter Crouch, camera shop worker Gary Challinor, 45, said: 'at first when we saw how high up the bin was we thought it was a joke', Kim Jones, 35, said: 'it was a really strange sight, I’m 5ft 2in tall and I could barely reach the bin', and mum Jenny Stone added: 'kids don’t have a chance',


there is of course a logical explanation, it is thought the blunder occurred due to workmen leaving the lower part of the lamp-post clear so engineers could access wiring inside, but one wonders why the muppets that put it there did not wait for the engineers work to be carried out then attach the bin?


now the good news, Stoke-on-Trent City Council's spokesperson Peter Price in a blinding act of understatement said, 'clearly a daft mistake has been made, it’s been put right and we’ll make sure it doesn’t happen again', well I would not bet on it if the same workmen are still out there! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My coder is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP.

I have always disliked the idea because of the
expenses. But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using Movable-type on
a variety of websites for about a year and am nervous about
switching to another platform. I have heard fantastic things about blogengine.

net. Is there a way I can transfer all my wordpress
posts into it? Any kind of help would be really appreciated!
Also visit my blog post mumijo