Monday 10 December 2012

I Spent A Quiet Morning Watching Television,

then at lunch time Mr. Tony called by so we were off for Sunday lunch,


 but as I went to lock the windows I noticed we had a new house guest,

 a praying mantis,

 not as big as the one that was outside on one of our lamps, but big enough to make you jump if it decided to walk on you,

 we parked opposite the China Garden in Soi Lengkee,

 and walked towards Soi Bukaow,

 which we crossed then down Soi Diana to the Robin's Nest, for our Sunday lunch,

 we decided on the 259 baht carvery,

 which was excellent value for money as it also includes a soup course and a ice cream dessert,

 so all set to tuck in,

 it is making me hungry just looking at it,

 then in a repeat of 3 weeks ago the heavens opened up again,

 it looked for a time that I would be ruining another pair of shoes,

 but thankfully the rain stopped, Mr. Tony decided on a blueberry slushy,

 then we both had an ice cream,

 followed by a coffee,

 'Cheers!', from both of us,

I must admit I have developed a taste for coffee, particularly a latte like the one above, so much so I started looking at those machines that make coffee with a steam thing on it to froth the milk, I could not believe the prices, for a medium sized one out here you can almost buy a brand new Honda 125cc motorbike! there must be a lot more to them than I first thought,

 as usual the staff at the Robin's Nest were all smiles, a nice meal at a reasonable price,

 we made our way back past the Metropole Hotel,

 and one of the food stalls with everything bagged and ready to go,

what a difference 3 weeks makes, today almost as dry as a bone,  

the same place the last time we were here when it was raining,

 when we arrived home Jake came out to play,

he is really getting big now but looks nothing like his parents whose pictures I saw, they were a pair of boxers, but Jake I think looks a lot more like a pit bull or similar, he is certainly a handful when he wants to make you his friend,

next it was feet up for both of us we watched Lord of War which I had not seen on BluRay before, the picture is so much better than the DVD we have, also there are so many lines that I like in the movie, for instance,

'there are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation, that's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet, the only question is, how do we arm the other 11?'

as an aside the character Nicolas Cage plays in Lord Of War, Yuri Orlov, is loosely based on a real life character, Viktor Anatolyevich Bout, who I believe was extradited from Thailand some time ago, after watching that Mr. Tony made a move for home, I watched some satellite television then had an early night, which is why I am up early and finished to days post so early, so for me about midnight I was off to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stan,

Got my hands on a Nespresso coffee machine a few months back. Great investment, as like you I like a latte. No mess and convenient.

Daryle

PattayaStan said...

Dear Daryle, many thanks for the tip, when Diana is back we may start to look for one, but I must admit over here they seem very expensive, I looked at one that is available both over here and in the UK, on the Argos web site in the UK ₤99.00, over here the same machine 24,950 baht, that is roughly just over ₤500.00! but we will keep a look out for a Nespresso when we are ready, best regards, Stan and Diana.